Friday, September 07, 2007

Checking Out

I'm in this odd place right now. Mentally, I've completely checked out of my former gig and wholeheartedly embraced my new role at Drive. As a business person, I have to do what I have to do and help this transition happen, but it's such an uphill battle. My initial impulse is always "so not my problem" and "i don't know," but you just can't do that, you know?

Ah well, now everyone can see even if I did make it look effortless, it was anything but. There's something really cool about that. I worry about my former co-workers and the only reason I'm still transitioning the club is because I truly do not want to see any one of them out on the street. That plus it's really good karma, I hope.

I am looking forward to a healthy social life again. And, this whole getting up before noon thing? Who woulda thought it's actully pretty productive and ahem, normal. I could get used to this. Well, maybe. Ok, so maybe I haven't completely checked out and just asked for a late check out.

No comments: