Sunday, November 06, 2005

Gotta Go, Gotta Go

I CAN'T SIT STILL. I usually blame my A.D.D. or perhaps it may be a penchant for boredom. Who knows? Early last night, I got a phone call from Brad saying I should stop by Jungle early for the Miss Dixie Bowling Pageant. Umm, yeah. It was cute, these girls are all about their fifteen minutes of pageant glory. I mean their talents were quite a production. You would think they spent the entire year for this one pageant.

After a little while, it was time to move on to the next venue. I ended up at Blake's where Ruby was kind enough to give me enough VIP passes to WET's grand opening to get the entire crew inside. I ran into Alexandria and she was already sloppy drunk. Damn trannie, it's barely midnight -- you need to slow the fuck down.

At any rate, my abrupt departure from Blake's wasn't due to my A.D.D. or penchant for boredom, but because of a blast from the past I was ill prepared for. You see, about six years ago I met Wes. We became fast friends and were both attached to each other much more than either cared to divulge. Truth be told, I was in love with the bastard and vice versa. Then one day he made the decision to move to Seattle. Needless to say, I lost track of Wes and often wonder what he's been up to, how he's been doing, etc.

Last night, I had the opportunity to ask all those questions and then some as I ran into him at Blake's. But, did I? Nope. I told him he looked good, gave him a hug, kissed him on the cheek and hit it right out the back door. On the way out the door, I felt very Verve and their video for "Bittersweet Symphony," just knocking into people without apology.

I bare no ill will towards him, I just wasn't prepared to see him or interact with him. I'm sure after a few drinks, it would have been like old times and the entire bar would have faded away to obnoxious laughter and more rounds of Jaeger. But, that was the way we acted years ago. In gay years, that's ancient history. And, I have no desire for history to repeat itself. Blame it on my A.D.D. or my penchant for boredom, but I just can't sit still.

No comments: