Friday, November 04, 2005

Enjoy the silence...

I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED. I just scored tickets to Depeche Mode's concert tomorrow night. The Bravery is opening and oddly enough, I'm excited to check them out as well. Wow, talk about a band that has defined the soundtrack of my life. From "Violator" to their most recent effort "Playing the Angel," there has always been some DM track playing in my life. From breakups with boyfriends (hell, even a girlfriend at some point -- we won't even get in to the irony of that "Policy of Truth") to road trips, sex soundtracks ("It's No Good") and everything in between, Martin and crew have been an influence right up there with EBTG, Prince, Madonna and Janet.

And, this show could not have come at a better time. Once in a while, I need to take a break from the queer circuit -- oh, who am I kidding? It's not like I'm the only 'mo that absolutely loves DM. At any rate, back to my original point, sometimes I just need to get away from the queer bars and "Enjoy the Silence."

No comments: