Saturday, January 24, 2009

And The Award for Most Dramatic E-Mail Goes To... EDIT

If there's something I've learned about human nature, it's that sometimes it's impossible to get people to be objective. I'm not saying I'm better than everyone else is at being objective, but with me in particular it's built in with the writer's background and the over-analytical Pisces thing.

You know how sometimes you're having a discussion or debate with a person and instead of listening and processing what you're saying that they're just gearing up with what they're going to say next and waiting for his or her next opportunity to speak? It's something I lock into when discussing anything with anyone and when ever that situation comes up, I simply just stop communicating all together. There's just no point to it. You're literally wasting your breath. The only thing worse than that is if that person actually listens to what you're saying and then shrugs it off with a blatant disregard. There's NOTHING more frustrating.

So, what happens when that person is a close friend? You have to make a choice. Do you appease that person in lieu of your own feelings? Or, do you defend yourself? How do you defend yourself when they're not even listening? I mean, are you supposed to stand there and smile like the village idiot? If that's what you're expecting from me, you've got another thing coming.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of questions in this single post, but it's where I'm at right now. I could bore you guys with the details, but those are irrelevant. This is about a difference of opinion, the reaction to that opinion and a classic Catch 22. Nothing good will come of this. Well, this ain't the first time...

No comments: