Monday, June 30, 2008

Wanted, Indeed

So, yesterday the boys and I went to check out the new Angelina Jolie flick, “Wanted.”

I, for one, loved it. I’m into all that fast-action, adrenaline rush for your nerves type shit. And, aside from the rather loud ass Trekkie behind us that later followed us to Joe’s, I got to chill out with the nearest and dearest on an otherwise ominous Sunday afternoon.

But I digress, while we were waiting on Ferg, JD and BeX to arrive, my friend BH began to inspect the ever-growing line. I had Fandango-ed our tickets so a quick flick of the credit card and the machine spit out our tickets with little to no hassle (a shout out to the hottie emo boy in front of me with the red hair, black glasses and spectacular blue eyes).

BH, always the quick quipper, asked innocently “what else opened this weekend?”

“Wall-E, that animated robot movie,” I answered without much thought.

“Ah, that explains the kids and parents.”

“Oh, and Hancock with Will Smith,” I muttered while glossing over the LA Fitness people aquarium.

“And that takes care of the black folks,” BH responded without skipping a beat.

“Seriously, B? You didn’t just say that out loud,” I said in a tone that was equal parts amused and annoyed.

“What? I’m serious – I mean all the queer boys are going to see Jolie,” said BH without even an afterthought to his profiling.

I couldn’t deny his train of thought. He was pretty much balls-on accurate with his assessment.

BH continued without a trace of sarcasm: “Come on – me, Angelina, a strap-on – I’d try it.”

Hee!

I later relayed BH’s comment to BeX.

“Can't say it wouldn't give me pause,” he said coolly.

With the Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depps of Hollywood, my friends have voted Angelina as its official Power Top.

Personally, I’d pass on the strap-on, but wouldn’t mind being adopted. Me and Maddox could take turns calling Brad “Daddy.”

3 comments:

Ferg said...

I'm #6 on your blog links. I feel like I've been knocked down a couple notches.

Over The Counter said...

Hey everyone the movie was GREAT!!!, except for the "I love you New York", Fat Bastard that sat behind us.... And Honestly does anyone really love New York?

Oh and on another note; Who is Ban Ki-moon, Kofi Annan, and Sidney Poitier? i was mistified.....

Let's all ask Mr. F...

J.D.

Ferg said...

Yes, let's ask Mr. F. Mistified is spelt Mystified. Apparently you didn't ask Mr. F!