Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pride and Joy

So, it's Pride Season. I've already been all up in everyone else's Pride and working and for the first time in like, five years, I get to ENJOY Pride in Atlanta and not WORK it.

Last year, while working at WB, I put together the Pride lineup to end all Pride lineups. My friends and colleagues will attest to the fact that I was a big ball of stress for five days in a row. I was juggling pick-ups, drop-offs, sound checks, cross promotions, in-house advertising, etc. Last year, I stepped foot in the park for all of six minutes and that was to argue with my former boss that you CAN'T disassemble a f'n float on f'n Piedmont in front of f'n Willy's.

But, bygones.

It's the proverbial water under the proverbial bridge.

This year, I have ONE ACT to watch over, Hex. He's playing on Friday with Kristine at WB. After that, I have no responsibilities at all - ZIP, NADA, NILL. As a matter of fact, I plan on checking out of my work week the second Hex gets on the turntables. After her performance, me and Kristine are gonna have us a little champagne drink-off.

I'm looking forward to being a drunken fool along with the rest of my neighborhood and nearest and dearest. PR and LA Hubby, AB are coming in from LA. DG may be coming down from NY, actually, who am I kidding - why would anyone miss 4th of July in NY?

Ok, fine, so Pride isn't going to be at the Park officially. It's at the Civic Center. Big f'n deal. I'll see you bitches at the Smirnoff/Absolut/Heineken/Bud Light sponsored tent.

Cheers, faggots. Happy Pride!

No comments: