Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Howdy '07!

So, it's a brand new year. I'm in my new place (well, sorta, I've completed about 70% of my unpacking), I'm still digging my job and I've come to terms with a few things. I refuse to call them resolutions, simply because once they're labeled as such -- they're destined for failure.

First and foremost, I've made a pact with some friends to cut down on extracurricular activities -- more on this later as I fail/succeed. It's going to get interesting. Baby steps, people, baby steps. The following signature Arman statements will be deleted from future social functions:

"Oh, just one more for the road."

"I'll need a chaser for that."

"I lost count after five."

"Wanna split one?"

"No, you don't understand. This bathroom does accomodate more than three people."

Secondly, I've decided drive-by salutations via MySpace and Friendster are not true forms of communication. Not to name names, Sean Selman, but Kim Crawford and I have decided you suck for your inability to call or send a proper e-mail. Yes, you've moved away; yes, you're practically married; but no, you can not just ignore your ATL family and get away with it. We've decided to replace you with cutie pie we keep running into everywhere we go - Toy Party, WETbar and most recently, Target. He shall remain anonymous for his own safety. But, yes Kim Crawford and I would love to come to your July 4 event on your rooftop. Kim might even spin if you can guarantee some lesbian attendance. Thanks.

Third, I shall begin blogging more often. I miss writing and no, advertising copy does not count. I shall share my fucked up stories with the world once again and make people laugh/hate me.

Fourth, I shall no longer be the bad influence/enabler. People will get cussed out instead.

Fifth, I shall make an attempt to be less of a snob. I shall attempt to be nicer to people I don't know and I will try to carry on a conversation instead of walking away while someone is in mid-sentence.

Sixth, I shall no longer point and laugh at people. Even. If. They. Do. Deserve. it.

Seventh, I shall try to get up BEFORE the double digits.

Eighth, I shall travel more often. I will fulfill my dreams of visiting far away exotic places and countries that allow aforementioned extracurricular activities in pseudo-resolution one.

Ninth, I will organize my apartment/life.

And, finally, I shall no longer stress over other people's actions/drama. What they do and think is their business and I shall only worry if my world/personal space/job is affected. It's all about me, I kind of forgot that at some point.

Happy New Year Bitches!
Arman

No comments: