Saturday, November 01, 2008

Once Upon A Time.. It was only the beginning



So, the Halloween event was a HUGE success. My team and friends really came through for me when it was crunch time.

Escape was amazing, charming and hella-cool; Ultra practically tore the building down with her tiny self; Genre had jaws dropping; NPB played her part to perfection; Carla, Handlebar, Pwaulie, Curtis, Lauren, Genre's monsters, RB, Platypus, Ad-Rock, Vaden, Gay-sian, Irene all saved my life throughout the day. Morganza and Ferg and JE actually showed up; Jef will always be the President of my fan club.

Ok, so I woke up today to a text from Ultra:

Arman,
Thank you so much for having us. Accommodations and service were fabulous. We had such a good time. We wish you all the best with your parties and look forward to (deleted for several reasons). As always you and your team are awesome.
Luv ya,
Ultra & Jonathan


Navigation events will ALWAYS be executed that flawlessly. That's a promise. And, those of you that know me know I don't make promises. This time, you can go ahead and take that shit to the bank.

"There's no way to control it - it's totally automatic."

Sang on, Ultra, sang on.

(Photo Credit: Todd Cerda)

_________________________

On the lighter side of O.U.A.T.:

Taken from random conversations throughout the day:

Lauren
(talking to one of the Monsters): Don't argue with him (pointing at Pwaulie), honey - this one's been to college.

Me (to Genre after breaking out half the decor): This shit is like Genre and Arman go to White Castle.

NPB (to me after I asked her why she just didn't take the elevator): No gurl, I wanted to feel like Cinderella running down them steps in the ball gown!

Ultra (to me after seeing my full costume for the first time): Baby, I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't. What are you supposed to be?
Me: (pointing to the straight jacket) Mad. (pointing to hat) Hatter.
Ultra: I get it now. Of course your ass would turn it into a riddle.

Me: Yay! You came!
Ferg: I did - can I get arrested for wearing this?
Me: (shrug)

(Navigation Staff Member towards the end of the night)
: Do you really need me?
Me (after glancing behind said Navigation Staff Member and assessing the potential trade): On a scale of 1 through 10, how probable is it you're getting laid?
(Navigation Staff Member)
: High
Me (after glancing a second time around said Navigation Staff Member at the potential trade): G'bye.

1 comment:

imdavidk said...

Such an AWESOME event! Thanks for inviting me and I look forward to everything else you have in store for Atlanta.

Best wishes and let me know what I can do to help!

xoxo,
David K.

PS: Love the random comments. I laughed out loud at Lauren's "this one's been to college" remark.