Monday, November 10, 2008

Always the Bridesmaid?

So, I recently got approached to plan a wedding. Since this person is a friend of a friend, I couldn't just say "no" right off the bat. I said I'd consider it, but then realized what would straight folks do without us gay boys to make their lives more beautiful - in this case, a flawlessly executed wedding?

After further consideration (not to mention infuriation at Prop. 8 in California), what if every gay wedding planner, florist, chef, wedding cake baker, gown designer flat out refused to do their respective jobs until they, too, could get married?

Fuck up our weddings? Well, let's see how well you deal without us putting together yours!

In all reality, I'll probably end up taking the offer - the budget is pretty impressive and who doesn't love a good wedding? Especially, when you can't have one of your own.

Say it with me class: conflicted.

No comments: