Monday, April 23, 2007

Class of 94

So, in an odd twist of fate, i ended up looking up my high school graduating class on MySpace. This was sparked by a surprise MySpace message from an old friend, Jennifer. She started dating me best friend, James our junior year of high school if i recall correctly. So, naturally, I looked up:
-Florida
-Ocala (which ironically is the homebase of my employing company, Taylor, Bean and Whitaker)
-Lake Weir High
-Graduating Class: 1994

Needless to say, I was fairly disappointed at how, well, suburban everybody turned out to be. Married, Children, boring, click. I did locate one "Bi-Sexual," three "Lesbians," and a couple of questionable "No Answers" in the Orientation department. There was one gay, but to be honest I couldn't remember him from Adam.

I did locate someone I knew pretty well from back in the day and pulled up his page just for a look. Yup, married with kids. But, wait a minute, why do the majority of his pictures have a mysterious "friend" with him? Even better, why does he have three male country singers (pretty f'n hot ones too) in his pictures section? Yes class, say it with me: "Denial."

I never filled out the extra function of putting in what school you graduated from and when, but I think I may just go ahead and do that. I mean, why not know that someone you went to high school turned out to be a relatively succesful, fashion forward, quick witted fag? I mean, aren't we supposed to be so chic now a days?

I mean what's the big deal anyway? I barely remember the mid 90's from all the fried brain cells. What's the chance any of these people remember me? Even if they do, what are they going to do, come all the way up to Atlanta just to deliver a hate crime?

Yeah, I'm definitely going to add myself to the alumni database. Afterall, who knows how many closeted freaks I may just inspire to break down that proverbial closet door. It's not so bad being yourself. No, seriously.

No comments: