Friday, October 03, 2008

Not That Kind of Guy

At around noon today, there was a knock at my door.

Figuring it was FedEx or UPS, I went to the door trying to remember if someone had given me the head's up about a package being sent my way.

I open the door to find a casually dressed guy with a square glass vase of flowers.

"Arman Reyes?"

I cocked an eyebrow and nodded.

He tried to hand me the flowers and I looked at them like they were a bomb.

"You don't get flowers very often, do you?" he asked with a grin.

I shook my head and said, "no, I'm not that kind of guy."

He laughed at me and was all, "you look more skeptical than happy."

I shrugged and signed the receipt. Now, before any of you start, I'm still not that kind of guy - apparently. The flowers were a kind gesture from a business associate thanking me for the cross-promotion we planned this week. That's all - nothing else. Do try to keep your minds out of the gutter, people.

No comments: