Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Have A Confession...

...half of my decisions, whether personal or business, are made by the Magic 8 Ball that lives right next to my laptop in my office. I used to flip a coin, but felt I needed more choices for more complex matters.

Granted, there are rules:

-I can only go as far as Best 3 out of 5. Any more than that and I probably shouldn't have consulted its precognitive powers at all.
-I can not yell at the Magic 8 Ball. This came about when it kept telling me to "Concentrate and Ask Again Later." This happened like four times in a row and I began shaking it violently causing bubbles in the magic window. I then realized I was screaming at a toy.
-I am suspicious of the one word responses - "YES" or "NO" and feel I have to initiate the Best 2 out of 3 contingency plan.
-I strongly dislike anyone else that touches MY Magic 8 Ball. I purchased it so therefore, its clairvoyance will only be revealed to me and me alone.

I think I need a nap.

"All signs point to yes."

I can't argue that kind of logic.

No comments: