Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Owwww! F'n Owwwwww!!

So, last night, I decided I wanted my piercings back. Over the past year or so, I've lost both nipple rings to umm, various activities. I happened to have two extra stainless steel hoops that I rediscovered after Feng Shui-ing my apartment a few weeks ago.

I've had these piercings since the day after Danny Tenaglia at Fusion for Bump Wednesdays in 1998 or 1999 (old schoolers, help!). I still remember stumbling to Kolo in L5P the day after and still being drunk, figuring the residual alcohol would numb the pain. Nah, it was the most sobering experience, EVER.

At any rate, the first one went in fairly easy. That is, until it came time to come full circle - OUCH, goddammit, OUCH. Anyone with nipple rings will tell you that even though male nipples are pretty useless, they're sensitive. You drive metal through them and it HURTS.

The second one put up so much resistance that I thought I'd have to get it re-pierced. But, then I thought, ok, it's been about ten years - there's no way in hell it's healed up in a period of seven months? So, against my better judgement, I kept trying. FUCKING A - that shit HUUUUUUUURT. Eventually, I was able to clasp the second hoop and to my surprise, no blood. I was totally shocked. I was expecting to need a transfusion after that shit.

Well, at least I have all five back. I'm balanced again. Well, sorta.

No comments: