Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Morbid, But Interesting

The other night, sans alcohol, me and E got into a conversation about funerals. I mentioned how it's kind of annoying that the song to remember the dead person by is always this tear jerker that just adds to the melancholy. E and I both decided that our funerals would have a soundtrack (complete with take home jump drive) to make the nearest and dearest chuckle and reminisce on good times.

So, to the nearest and dearest - here's my list of songs I want playing at my funeral. Anyone that tries to say I would have wanted f'n Celine Dion automatically gets haunted.

"My Way," Frank Sinatra (gotta give JK Rowling props for this one - she said it would have been the song playing at Dumbledore's gay funeral)
"It Ends Tonight," All American Rejects (hee - get it?)
"My Happy Ending," Avril Lavigne (hee again)
"Only The Good Die Young," Billy Joel (I know, but use your best judgement)
"I Want You To Want Me," Cheap Trick (Didn't I? Didn't I? Didn't I? Didn't I see you crying?)
"Destination Unknown," Crystal Waters (Apropos)
"Bring Me To Life," Evanescence" (Wishful Thinking)
"Missing," Everything But The Girl (Dedicated to Myself)
"Thanks for the Mmrs," Fall Out Boy (Fitting)
"Crazy," Gnarls Barkley (Something to remember me by)
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)," Green Day (for the haters)
"Sweet Escape," Gwen Stefani (ideally speaking)
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World," Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (for the hopefuls)
"Live Forever," Oasis (Hope springs eternal)
"Don't You Forget About Me," Simple Minds (I mean, how could you?)

Yeah, I know. It's a bit twisted, but hey, I said at the very beginning that it was morbid, but interesting.

No comments: