Friday, April 18, 2008

Seriously?

Ok, so I was given a challenge to make a recent AI contestant marketable to the queer club masses.

My first reaction was "he was already (and thank you Jacob for this one) teabagging out-of-town businessmen in a gay strip club - how much more marketable do you need him to be exactly?"

DG, immune to my snarks at this point, continued on unfettered.

I now have to think of dance floor ready tunes for this dude to sing (if that Broadway deal doesn't go through) at queer clubs across the nation. Well, here in lies the problem - there aren't that many male vocal tracks and the ones that are in his range, I really don't want him bastardizing.

So far, here's what I came up with:

"True Faith" - New Order
"I Like The Way You Move" - Body Rockers
"Your Song (Remix)" - Moulin Rouge or Elton, whatevs
"A Little More Love" - David Guetta
"Gotta Get Thru This" - Daniel Bedingfield

Sigh.

At least there's Avril tonight to keep me entertained. It's a great group too - Ferg, BeX, E, DT and JD. ("What if we didn't get the text?" Heh. Fucker.)

And then tomorrow - Birmingham or Dallas. I'm really not that motivated for either to be honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.