Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sound Check

So, on my six hour drive back from my mom’s house, I began to think back on 2007. Naturally, I had the music pumping and started calculating my favorite tunes of the year. Oddly enough, most of the songs made me think about my partners in crime and some of the moments we’ve had to them, whether road trips or jamming out in the club before the doors opened.

At any rate, without further ado, my Top 15 Tunes for 2007:

15. "Who Knew/U + Ur Hand" | Pink (DJ KC/Ashley K/E/Alyssa/Heather D/Ferg/ JD)

14. "Big Love (Rub-A-Dub Mix)" | Peter Heller (DJ BB/DJ KC/DJ Phil B/DJ Joe G)

13. "Fidelity" | Regina Spektor

12. "Love Like This" | Natasha Bedingfield (Ashley K, Ferg, E)

11. "No One" | Alicia Keys (Ferg, E)

10. “Raise the Roof” | Tracey Thorn

9. “It Ends Tonight” | All-American Rejects (Genre/Diego/JD)

8. “Big Girls Don’t Cry” | Fergie (E/DJ KC)

7. “The Heart of the Matter” | India.Aire (DG)

6. “Booty Bangs (Bill Hamel Mix)” | Jesse Malay feat. Young Joc (BH)

5. “Automatic" | Ultra Nate' (Ashley K, Ferg, E, DJ KC)

4. “Give It To Me (Jeremy Word Mix)” | Timbaland feat. Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake (DJ BB/E)

3. “Let Me Think About It” | Ida Corr vs. Fedde La Gant (BH/DJ CJ/DJ KC)

2. “Just Fine (David Morales Mix)” | Mary J. Blige (Ferg/E/DG/Ashley K)

1. “Apologize” | OneRepublic (for the record, E, JD, Bill Berdeaux and I discovered this long before the heavy airplay or their appearance on SYTYCD – no, seriously, ask the cleaning crew at WETbar)

And even though they’re quite older, these are my audio muses going into 2008:

-“Someone To Hold” | Veronica
-“Switch Up” | Paul Oakenfold feat. Ryan Tedder
-“They Say Vision (Robbie Rivera Mix)” | Res
-“Dive” | Debby Holiday
-“Am I Here Yet? (Return to Sender)” | Billie Myers

It’ll all make sense later, I promise.

No comments: