Saturday, December 08, 2007

Nibbley Things

So, it's been a rather interesting week. So busy, in fact, I almost forgot the "LA Hubby" was coming into town. LA Hubby is my dear friend Andrew, the CEO of Tango Blues Entertainment. We bonded during my time at MOISTbar. We booked so much of his talent that I spoke to him at least four times a day. It got to the point where if either of us was on the phone that anyone in the room with him or me just assumed we were on the phone with one another. Hence, I became his "ATL hubby" and he has become the "LA hubby."

This past Thursday, he came into town with two of his newest artists in tow - Shaun and Paul from the new season of the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency. I recruited my own entourage of pretty people - Ferg, Chase and Josh who all graciously agreed to come to dinner at TWO Urban Licks.

It was so good to see Andrew again. He's just one of my favorite people in the world. Shaun and Paul are pretty cool too and totally not what I expected them to be. Ok, not to be busy, but I was expecting them to be a girl and bigger girl. Not at all, one was almost roughneck/thuggish while the other was just quiet and mellow. I will say this though, those bastards can f'n drink. And, I mean to the last man standing point. No, seriously.

Dinner was great - for the company. This was the first time I've ever been disappointed with TWO Urban. Don't get me wrong, the food was still really tasty (see: Pork and Macaroni and Cheese), but the service su-u-u-u-u-u-ucked. But, it was the first time it's ever sucked so I'll totally go back, but if it happens again, I may have to search for a new favorite restaurant to entertain out of town guests.

Ok, that's a wrap until Monday, I have to get my butt in gear. Tonight is Chase's husband's 30th birthday and I promised I'd give them a hand.

No comments: