Saturday, December 08, 2007

Golden Compass

Super hot. Hands down, just a brilliant picture.

Nicole Kidman never looked better - talk about muggin' the house DOWN.

Ferg and I were completely spellbound the entire movie. I need a morphing demon, an armored polar bear, a guardian witch and Daniel Craig as my uncle.

And, is the alleged religious uproar over the movie for the same reasons as the anti-Harry Potter movement? Because, to me, it was just a well executed modern fable. Jesus freaks, please step down - you're killing the nation's imagination, not to mention my buzz.

Can someone please explain it to me, cause I. Don't. Get. It.

Class, discuss.

Addendum:
Just out of curiosity I went to the official Golden Compass website thanks to a tip by RB and got a daemon assigned to me. Her name is Clymonistra and she's a crow.

I'm not too happy about it, I was kind of hoping for a dolphin cause they're sleek and pretty - not practical, but cool nonetheless. My second choice was a rhino because it can plow over everyone else's daemon.

I told RB about my crow and after he bragged about his snow leopard ("just like Daniel Craig") he told me this about crows:
John Faa, the leader of the Gyptians has a crow. And, the Crow is the soul of magic and link to the spirit world (alchemical symbol).

Sorry Clymonistra, you're pretty dope.

No comments: