Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pride, Done.

It's over. Every year I look forward to Pride and every year I am over it by Saturday. This year was exceptionally busy and successful, not to mention chockful of stress. I won't get into any drawn out tirades because quite frankly, at this point, it's already done.

I love the staff at WETbar, they completely rallied when it was crunch time and handled themselves beyond expectation. Thanks guys, your hard work did not go unnoticed.

My LA family represented this weekend; to Patti, Andrew, JP and now the limey bastard Jules (technically he's from O-Town) I love you guys and thanks for being my cheering section when I could barely keep my eyes open.

To my divas Debby and Kristine, you two are my inspiration - hands down, "We Are Family" (dubbed the K & D remix by the staff) was the highlight of my Pride and I'm quite sure over 1200 other people's highlight as well. You two never cease to amaze me and I'm delighted to work with you over and over.

To Miss Deborah, always cool as a cucumber, always throwing it down like it ain't no one's business. You come in, do your warm up, turn the stage upside down and hit it right out the door. And, you know what? I ain't mad at ya'. You know why? Cause you gots da' hits. And, you did "Mr. Lonely." Yeah, that's my favorite Deborah song of all time. You did my second favorite too - "Things Just Ain't The Same."

Funny moment: There I was in the dj booth with Kio, Bill, Aimee, JN (the Managing Partner), LF (the owner) and several of their buddies. Deborah sings the first verse of "Mr. Lonely" and I have a moment. Not being able to restrain myself, i scream out "Work it out, bitch - you ain't sangin'!" Lee and james look at me with big ass smiles and I shrug and go back to dancing around with Bill. Ok, so not my most professional moment, but at least I'm passionate.

To my boys, Kio and Phil B. I couldn't have any one else behind my tables for the biggest weekend of the year. No worries, yeah? More table time is coming up for you two - no more extended performances I promise.

Finally, to my ATL family, JD, the Ferg, the Clanton, DJ Kim Crawford, Bill Berdeaux, Aimee ("I'm fucking invisible"), the rock EBS, Morganza; I truly would not have made it through those six days without you guys. Thanks for EVERYTHING. No, seriously. "You don't leave, 'less I leave; you don't jump, 'less I jump. You know how we do..."

All right kids, let's get geared up for the Anniversary.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

No love for the London family? I see how it is Mary.