Thursday, March 16, 2006

The More Things Change....

The more they're fucked. Just kidding, well sorta.

I got a phone call from a dear friend yesterday asking to confirm a rumor she had just heard.

"Yeah, it's true, girl."

"I'm involved, it's pretty nice and yes, I have to put the smack down on your paycheck," I said without the slightest trace of sarcasm. Which, for me, happens to be quite an accomplishment.

So, here we go again. A new magazine is coming into town. Yes, I was approached to head up its Atlanta editorial. Yes, I will be helping the sales staff nab clients. And, yes I'm going after nightlife -- the one true thing I know and know well.

My work is definitely cut out for me, the first issue drops in 9 days.

Geez, this feels like when I left DA to start Otherwise, which sold out to HOTspots. And it also feels like the time I left HOTspots, watched it crumble and went back to work for DA. Things seem to have the habit of falling apart when I leave.

The more things change, the more they're fucked. Or, something like that.

No comments: