Thursday, October 27, 2005

See, what happened was...

Why is it the best stories always start out with "see, what happened was...," "I was minding my own business when..." or "Ok, here's the deal..?"

See, what happened was last night was the Oscar's Atlanta's 5th Year Anniversary. Needless to say, an open bar tends to bring out all sorts. I got there late as per usual. It wasn't my fault really, I had Shawnna and Nicole with me. Not to say that it was completely their fault, but for once, I was actually on time to pick them up.

Now, Oscar's can't really hold that many people. Quite possibly, at its most sardined capacity it can contain 200 people and that's with a bunch of people on the patio. We congratulated the staff and owners of the lovely lounge and hit it (see: left, departed, leave quickly) on over to Cherry for Nicole's show with EJ. The usual suspects were in the audience including a special visit by Brad, Debi Lowry (I love her) and Jade Daniels.

After the show, we went over to Blake's for what was supposed to be a nightcap. Yeah, who were we kidding? After more Cactus, more vodka and more of anything else the bartenders could put in the shot glasses, it was back to Ansley for more chaos at Burkhart's and (surprise, surprise) Oscar's.

And, we thought we were filthy (see: drunk, pickled, wasted)? Oh, we had nothing on the Oscar's crew. They were living it up and couldn't take none of Nicole.

I was just minding my own business and got scolded for the girls not leaving tips (Nicole), going into the bathroom together (Nicole and well, whoever would wander in there with her) and for me being the quietest (see: sober) of the group. Honestly, can anyone really match the volume of Nicole's 20hz voice?

OK, so here's the deal, next time you see her, be sure to ask about the 50 or so balloons the bitch took into the bathroom with her. When Kent (one of Oscar's bartenders) opened the door, all you could see was hair, streamers and silver and blue balloons. From the bar, it looked like a Far Side cartoon waiting to happen.

No comments: