Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Validation

Ok, so those of you that know me know I can put some people up on the proverbial pedestal. Now, while most of the time I could give a shit what people say/think about me; I do appreciate a compliment now and again.

Well, one of the people whom I have an enormous amount of respect and allegiance to is nightlife guru Bill Kaelin. I consider him a mentor of sorts as he taught me so much about working in nightlife and the smoke and mirrors of PR and marketing.

Mr. Bill called me today just to tell me how impressive he found WETbar's turnaround since applying my makeover to it. Truth is that it was a team effort and the crew as a whole deserves kudos, but the compliment was an ego-boost. I kinda needed it.

To be completely honest, in my professional resume, WETbar would be one of my proudest achievements. It was just a nice validation, ya' know?

No comments: