Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Hope You Know...

...I hope you know, that this is nothing to do with you / It's personal, myself and I"

So that song in all its versions became a theme song for the weekend. It wasn't so much in the meaning, but a soundtrack of sorts. E, DJ KC and I hit O-town for a brief weekend getaway. And, we had a fucking blast.

We all had been working so much and under the most stressful of circumstances that it was a much needed decompression. We ate, shopped and danced our asses off. We met up with some E's buddies at P-House (I know what you're thinking - STOP IT) and hit the dance floor. We sang along at the top of our lungs, jumped in the middle of dance circles and grooved like the bunch of retired ravers that we are. And, of course, we drank - heavily.

The chemistry between the three of us was brilliant. We discussed how on most trips, people tend to faction off into different groups. The three of us, however, seemed to be quite the cohesive trio. Even when one part broke off, the remaining parts stuck together.

Highlights:
-DJ KC playing Frogger on Orange Blossom Trail with a really close "Game Over" - scared the FUCK out of us
-DJ KC making out with a gay boy
-Veronica's "Someone to Hold," classic dance floor moment
-6:30am breakfast buffet - had not been to bed yet, walking around in sunglasses while it's still pitch dark outside
-shopping in Puma Outlet, getting reports on how the kids have been behaving badly over the weekend
-screaming at random woman trailing me in the Adidas Outlet "Why are you following me?"
-screaming at random family standing in a doorway (one of my pet peeves) "Other people fucking exist; move it."
-E's "Create-A-Parking-Spot" Service
-Jaeger
-Pear Vodka
-Mistaking a small child for a poodle

No, big girls don't cry - they laugh and giggle like little girls.

1 comment:

Ferg said...

I'm Jus' Sayin'