Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Can't Wait

I can't wait until Pride this year. It's just around the corner. All the clubs and bars are already getting geared up with their weekend events. And, I'm loving every minute of it. You see, Pride will always have a special place in my heart. I love all the freaks, shirtless men, PFLAG families and even the completely insane organized religion enthusiasts that come out to Piedmont Park each year.

I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys the comradery, can appreciate the Stonewall Riots and its commemoration and, of course, the money. Each year Pride tends to be the most lucrative time of the year for any of us that work in the entertainment industry. 'Cause you know you faggots love to be entertained. All my DJ, drag queens and performance artist friends just rake in the dough with double and triple bookings per night.

It's usually enough to get me through whatever financial crunch I'm in. Yay, Pride. I'm proud to be part of you each year. Through all the drama, the rain, the chaos and corporate machines, I haven't lost touch of the real reason of Pride -- it's a weekend just for me, my soul, my freedom and financial gain.

Just kidding. Well, sorta.

No comments: