Monday, May 08, 2006

Dueling Divas

I love my friends. I hate it when my friends argue. I hate it even more when I can see both sides of the argument. This one isn't even an argument really; one wants to explain, the other doesn't "want to talk about it right now."

Oddly enough, it's the latter that is infamous for her 20hz voice (20hz is a measure of noise where the sound is no longer being heard but felt as well). Yeah, you do the math.

Oh, and class, despite how much you respect your friends' opinions, see where they are coming from, know what they're talking about and so forth, if two are feuding, stay the f*ck out of it. Period.

Repeat after me:

"I don't know anything about it." (Or for those with street cred, "I dunno nothing 'bout that shit.")

"I see where you're coming from, I hope you two can figure it out." (Or for those with street cred, "I feel ya', ya'll need to get y'all shit together.")

"That doesn't have anything to do with me." (Street cred, "That ain't got shit to do wit' me.")

"Are you seriously asking me to take sides?" (Street cred, "F'real?")

Or, when in doubt, go for the ambiguous "mm hmmm." Don't forget to cock your head to the side a bit and slightly nod as IF to say "yes, you are quite right." Just don't say anything else.

Don't get me wrong, break your friends up if they're close to swinging, but for the most part try to be a sounding board. Friends don't ask you to take sides, they expect you to, which in most part is the obligatory part of a friendship. However, if two of your friends are expecting obligatory alliances, then said alliances null and void each other out.

Update: Too late, "drag"ged into the middle.

I should have heeded my dear friend Shawnna's advice and told them "I don't wanna hear none of this mess; I like you, I like her, fuck both of you and call it what? A day."

And yeah, she's got street cred to spare.

I hate my friends sometimes.

No comments: