Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sick and Tired of Always Being Sick and Tired

I hate being sick. I loathe it. I’d rather have complete sensory deprivation while my body heals itself than having to be conscious through the coughing, sneezing, aches and pains. What’s worse is the inability to talk. I talk in my sleep. So I’m sure you can imagine what it’s like for somebody like me being stripped of my voice.

Here’s my list of things I did/discovered a love for while incapacitated on my couch/bed.

  • Project Runway Marathon on Bravo (in no particular order -- Nick, Chloe, Santino and Daniel will be the last four standing)

  • Text messaging (I do believe I’m over my 300 monthly texts)

  • Hong Kong Harbour Delivery (Hot & Sour Soup, General Tso’s Chicken – sick taste buds only respond to the super spicy)

  • Sex and the City DVD marathon (I do like Berger the best out of Carrie’s exes)

  • Silence of the Lambs on Bravo Late Night (this also made me break out the Hannibal DVD)

  • Puffs with Lotion (beats rubbing your nose raw)

  • Ambien (temporary sensory deprivation)

  • Tylenol PM (see above)

  • Not feeling guilty about rejecting incoming phone calls

  • Missing a memorial (I’ve already had my bout of depression this month)

  • Gatorade Rain (better flavors, doesn’t leave that Gatorade aftertaste)

  • Pineapple, Orange-Banana Juice from Dole (this would make a great mixer)

Come to think of it, maybe being sick isn’t half bad. You just have to stock up on the sensory deprivation pharmaceuticals to ease the pain. Hell, I’m still on Ambien hangover right now.

1 comment:

Sean said...

i'm calling out the gay guard if i don't hear from you or see you out and about soon. feeling any better yet? remember: no drag queen management plan ever worked after two ambien, so pace yourself. {hug}