Friday, January 27, 2006

Diary of a Drag Pageant, Part 2

Diary of a Drag Pageant – Part Two
So, last night I took a trip down to the Cabaret to see Ashley (okay, so that is a complete lie; I go down there with Shawnna every Thursday). In the short period of time at the Cabaret, we managed to bang out the official rules and regulations of Miss Jungle Atlanta 2006. Damn, I had no idea you had to be so strict with these trannies.

Please Sign In
Personally, I can’t wait until registration:

“Ma’am, it says right here that you had to be born a dude. Hit it.”

“Solo talent means you do it yourself, no extra people. No, midgets DO count as extra people.”

“The theme is ‘Into the Deep, Dark Jungle,’ when was the last time YOU saw confetti in the jungle?”

Ya’ll Lucky They Ain’t Entering
While I was there, the lovely Necole Luv Dupree stopped by to say hello to the girls. When I asked her what she would be doing on Feb. 22, she smiled and said “I’m in your pageant, I was going to compete, but I’m gonna perform.”

I LOVE me some Necole Luv Dupree.

Oh, Ashley also said that Miss Gay USofA 2005-06 will be appearing as well. Get ready bitches; Tamisha Iman will be in the motherfuckin’ house. Tamisha Iman, Ta-Ta-Ta-misha Iman – you know you know me.

It’s Your Night, No Really
Okay, so most of my wishlist of contestants was at the Cabaret last night, but I know they won’t be entering due to various reasons. First there was Genre – not to be confused with the magazine of the same name. I think Genre would totally make these bitches flip the fuck out, but I think she’s anti-pageant or something.

Then there is NPB, who would excel at this type of pageant, but she’s waitressing or bussing at Cherry that night or something. And, because EJ Aviance is also a bartender or sushi chef at Cherry on the same night, that eliminates her from the pageant as well.

Then there’s NPB’s sista, Destiny Brooks – she would also be a one to watch for the pageant, however mama says she needs to concentrate on Drag Idol II, of which she is a contestant and IMO, a frontrunner.

Ah well, that means next year will be just as interesting.

Oh, for the complete rules, check out http://theguestlist.blogspot.com/

No comments: