Friday, January 06, 2006

Auf Wiedersehen

I have a very bizarre addiction to Bravo’s Project Runway. I say bizarre because I’m not really into high fashion (I’m not hating, I just like street couture as opposed to haute couture), Heidi Klum, Michael Kors or Elle Magazine. However, I am a fan of brilliant imagination and the journey from conception to execution.

Another aspect I really enjoy is Heidi’s signature Rice-A-Roni good-bye “Auf Wiedersehen,” which I feel loosely translates into “Hit it, loser.” It just sounds better in German. Week after week, one of my guilty pleasures is listening to Heidi kicking off yet another wannabe designer into reality TV obscurity.

Lately, I’ve been finding myself saying “Auf Wiedersehen” in the most random places, mostly sitting in front of my computer getting annoyed every time I check either my Friendster or Myspace account. Theoretically, no one is too rich to throw away a friend, but Auf Wiedersehen bitches.

I’ve been deleting a steady amount of “friends” from both Friendster and Myspace. It may sound insensitive, but I get annoyed at fleeting posts from so-called tortured artists that have to post shit I don’t care about every fifteen minutes. Auf Wiedersehen.

Another major annoyance are the people that insist on filling out as many getting-to-know-you surveys as possible and then have the need to send it to the personal inbox with a note that it must be responded to and sent to fifty friends in three minutes or your dog will die.

And, the odd thing is that these are the people with over 200 friends. Newsflash: If they have to read those surveys to know you, then that doesn’t qualify them as friends. Auf Wiedersehen.

So, there I am happily deleting people left and right, pretending to be a pregnant supermodel, married to Seal, wishing people the best of luck in their Arman-less lives. And, please don’t start – the way I look at it, these fuckers have over 200 friends, they won’t even notice if I drop out of their list. Sure, it takes my number of friends down a notch or ten, but at least you won’t find me posting some tortured artist, passive-aggressive fake friends bullshit post about how I don’t understand why there are so many people on my list that aren’t truly my friends.

Hello, you clicked “Accept” dumb ass.

Delete Friend?

Yes.

Auf Wiedersehen.

1 comment:

Arman R said...

I'd never Auf Wiedersehened you. Well, you haven't flipped out about some repressed memory have you? And, I like the surveys you fill out -- your answers don't seem like you're trying too hard. You know what I mean -- the type that ALWAYS has some witty response but you can tell they sat there for like ten minutes each question.

You're in.