Thursday, December 04, 2008

TOY PARTY!

It's this Sunday - if you want to keep your soul, you'll attend.

Yesterday, RB and I popped into Target to buy the toys for the Navigation crew.

Honestly, we had more fun than we should have - and, true to form, we bought toys that we would want to keep for ourselves.

I found myself wanting to buy the classic EZ Bake Oven just because I wanted one as a child.

RB looked at me and thoughtfully pointed out that we probably shouldn't buy anything that requires purchasing of more stuff: batteries, EZ Bake Batter Mix, etc.

This reminded me of a few years back when I went to Toy Party with Brad Williams. He was like "where's your toy?" I smiled and proudly took out two DVDs from my jacket pocket "Elf" and "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory."

He goes, "those are cute and all, but umm, these kids are poor. What makes you think they have DVD players?"

Huh. Hmm. (Sigh.)

No comments: