Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Too Laaaaaaate

So, all apologies for once again being out of the loop. Things have been hectic 'round hurr.

Writing has been such an obstacle as of late. Here's why: I start a blog and I'm into it - throwing around cute little anecdotes and metaphors, but then the phone rings. Here's the thing, these phone calls tend to get drawn out because there's a lot of ground to cover. Then, I get back to me blog and I'm no longer motivated. Sad, but true.

So, I'm forced to put up video clips and surveys that catch my attention while I'm supposed to be on conference calls.

Now, with that said, here's a quick list of what's coming up:

-DC's in town this weekend for some promotional show. I get to be her bitch. The show is called "For the Sistas" or something like that - you do the math.

-Janet on Oct. 5 - I'm f'n DIZZY over this

-Producing a fundraiser for a Georgia Senator candidate - so not my wheelhouse, but totally a cool spin on what should be a stuffy event.

-Producing another event for Halloween - good times, details soon.

-WETbar is closing September 27. I can't lie - this one is bittersweet. More on this later - maybe. Can I be anymore passive-aggressive?

-Sensei DG is in luv (note the spelling) - I'm like snap out of it, hooker. I need you to focus.

-Project Runway - most annoying cast yet. I'm so in love with Korto though - she's my pick to win the big prize. I also feel like Leanne and Terrell will be up in the mix.

Ok, on a more upbeat and happy note, my mom recently had an x-ray during a routine checkup. The x-ray resulted in a "shadow" in her lungs which put me in a complete headspin. She had a CAT scan done recently and the doctors ruled out cancer. Thank you to all the high f'n powers for that. I'm so going to start doing more charity work.

And, end scene.

1 comment:

Sean said...

sending you and your mom love. channel that energy, kiddo. and, above all else, *make it wurk!*