Sunday, August 13, 2006

Played Out

I recently checked the Play Counter on my MP3 player and my music tastes are way too across the boards. I’m not one to set myself up for ridicule so I won’t place them in the exact order of highest to lowest or vice versa, but damn, where is my musical taste going? At least the Fray (pictured) are in my Top 10. Hot.

  • Crazy,” Gnarls Barkley – yeah, I think the shelf life is about to expire on this one.

  • First Time (Offer Nissim Club Mix),” Maya – This year’s “Heart Attack”

  • Sugar, We’re Going Down,” Fall Out Boys – “I’m a loaded God complex, cock it and pull it.” ‘Nuff said.

  • Faster Kill Pussycat,” Paul Oakenfold f/ Brittany Murphy – shit’s got bounce

  • I Write Sins Not Tragedies,” Panic! At the Disco – damn you Genre.

  • Over My Head (Cable Car),” The Fray – I can’t get enough of the lyrics, brilliantly written. I mean, they use the word “disengage” and give it a relationship spin.

  • Girl Next Door,” Saving Jane – I admit it, I like it. A lot.

  • Sexy Back,” Justin Timberlake – The song doesn’t even sound like him, but hey Timbaland is behind the beats so the shit is definitely grooving.

  • What’s Left of Me,” Nick Lachey – umm yeah, I don’t know when I downloaded it, but it’s been ear-worming its way into the top 10. WTF?

  • The One That Got Away (Wamdue Extended Mix),” Natasha Bedingfield – it’s a house thang. Y’all don’t know shit about Wamdue, do ya’?

2 comments:

Sean said...

i'm totally loving oakey's 'faster pussycat,' even diggin' the move reference that i'm sure escapes most folks.

but i predict 'sexy back' is going to be the next 'poison;' tired and overplayed by october. thoughts?

miss you, shug. hope to see you soon, when i get some things wrapped up back at the rocket ranch ... {kiss, air kiss, kiss}

ps - love what you've done with the place! who's your decorator?

Chris said...

I was right there with you until Nick Lachey. Seriously?

And that Oakenfold track is hawt! Reminds me of old-school Wax Trax records... like Thrill Kill Kult (ever heard "Sex on Wheels"?). Wait, what's the movie reference?